This is part of an article published by WP Minds entitled ‘14 Successful Coaches Shared Their Best Tips For Starting a Coaching Business‘ I was fortunate to be asked to contribute! Link below.
Last Updated : April 14, 2022
Before you do anything, ask yourself, ‘What do I want to do with this?‘ or ‘What am I doing this for?‘.
- Understand deeply and clearly what issue you want to add value to or are trying to solve. Ask yourself why you want to start a coaching business? If it’s just to make money it’s probably not going to be enough to sustain you, at least initially.
- My biggest tip is that there must be passion, purpose and a personal ‘why‘ that needs to be identified upfront.
- Aspects of this ‘why’ will incrementally be satisfied along the coaching pathway you take. As you make progress as a coach, you will undoubtedly book regular wins that contribute to your initial ‘why’ like gradually filling in pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.
- Use these to propel you forward providing you with more energy and clarity as you progress.
- Don’t forget that YOUR coaching business is an extension of YOU as a person, your values, your reputation, and your personal capital.
If you plan to start a coaching business, my view is that working on your ‘Why” upfront pays dividends every day!